When you own your home, you enjoy the following advantages:
- Sense of community, stability, and security
- Free to change decor and landscaping
- Not dependent on landlord to maintain property
- Property has the opportunity to build equity
- Tax savings
With today's market, you could secure a home mortgage at an incredibly low rate, so owning a home is more affordable than ever!
There are a few expenses you have to take over as part of owning a home, such as insurance, HOA fees, and utilities, but home ownership is still a cheaper option in most markets.
Owning your home is still the ultimate American Dream.
When you rent a home, you have little to no responsibility for maintenance. Also, if you have a job where you might have to move around, you have more mobility renting a home than with buying.
However, you have no tax benefits, no equity built up, no control over rent increases, and the possibility of eviction when you rent.
Advantages to Home Ownership
1. Tax Breaks: You can deduct the interest you pay on your mortgage, your property taxes, and some other costs involved in buying a home.
2. Appreciation: Real estate has long-term, stable growth in value.
3. Equity: Mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
4. Predictability: Your fixed-mortgage payments won't rise over the years so your housing costs will remain the same.
5. Freedom: It's all yours! You can do whatever you want to your own home!
6. Stability: Remaining in one neighborhood or community for several years gives you peace of mind and offers a stable family life.
$300,0004449 Mill Grove TerDouglasville, GA 301355 br 4 ba, Single Family
$250,9992699 Brass Lantern CourtDouglasville, GA 301354 br 2.5 ba, Single Family
$220,000249 Buckhorn DriveTemple, GA 301794 br 3 ba, Single Family
$167,9004063 Water Hole CourtDouglasville, GA 301354 br 3 ba, Single Family
$154,9001009 Sycamore LaneVilla Rica, GA 301803 br 2 ba, Single Family
$143,900501 Lost Lake CvVilla Rica, GA 301804 br 2.5 ba, Single Family
Location & Directions
The main Metro Brokers Office is minutes from I-285. I am located in the Carroll office and serve all of west Georgia and Metro Atlanta.